– Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early, so you can set up any equipment and tune up your instrument – or warm up your voice.
– First, we’ll find a suitable Tempo and set up the session with a ‘click track’, often a drum or percussion rhythm that supplies the right groove and feel to aid your performance… or we’ll simply load up your Backing Track.
– If I’m producing an Original Backing Track for you, we’ll begin sequencing your New Beat.
– Before hitting Record, we’ll do a thorough Soundcheck of your Live Instrument(s) if you’re playing one, and/or your Voice.
– Next, we’ll Record your Live Instrument(s) and Edit your best takes into a single Comp.
– Then we’ll do the same with your Vocals.
– If you’re in need of a sequenced accompaniment, this is when we’ll get started on that.
– I’ll create a Rough Mix, setting all the layers to a comfortable static volume balance, for you to check for errors.
– Listen to the Initial Rough Mix
– If necessary, we’ll have a drop-in recording session to fix any issues.
– We’ll discuss the mixing options for your track(s), such as specific inspirations and the direction you’d like the mix to take, so that I have something to aim for when I do the proper Initial Mix.
– Listen to Initial Mix Proof#1
– Request any Mix Changes
– Listen to Mix Proof#2
– Discuss further Mix Changes, if required
– Listen to Mix Proof#3
– Any remaining Mix Changes? Just let me know…
– Attend a Studio Listening / Mix Session to complete the Final Mix together